Friday, January 1, 2010

Eyes, ties, and 50L Fridays all weekend long!

Firstly, the time sensitive information- though not as much as most weeks! Since you should all have been partying when things were put out, and you should be at home (well, it doesn't have to be _your_ home) asleep and preparing for your hangover today, 50L Friday this weekend goes until Sunday.

2 things this week, unisex and even, *gasp!* skewing to the boys for a change:

The plunging deep V vest in purpley dusk.
her eyes: Beloved Designs, the work of Aisuru Rieko (as one might have problems searching through various beloved things, her blog is also in my sidebar). This may sound funny in light of things further down in this post, but I adore her eyes and recommend them highly. Miriel's eyes are still more of what I think of when I think "me" (I've been wearing them for so long it's not a surprise!), but when I am complimented upon my eyes, after sharing the sad tale of Miriel's departure, I point them in Aisuru's direction instead, as her eyes are also magnificent and share a lot of the same qualities that made me originally fall in love with Miriel's.
her necklace: Violet Voltaire, of course!
their hair and her skin: unreleased, the former should be out soon(ish) as going through all the hoops to get hair ready for release takes a few days, the skin is me tilting at windmills leisurely remaking my skin base, and starting to play with alternates before I even have the blank slate ready.
her raven: also unreleased, also probably going to be out soon.
his shirt and skin: Schadenfreude Noir Oxford, Cameo Orpheus Clean


A matching set of eyes and necktie- they will both be available after 50L Friday, _but_ only in the uberpacks for each. If you want them without everything else, now is the time to act!

The eyes and tie set are the stragglers (as I have a tendency to often throw in an extra to the uberpacks, just because) from the eyes and ties also released last night. Neckties to match the snowflakes you can find in lantern and framed form in the gifthaus, the geometric repeats taken out of the more wintery context can be worn all year round but those looking for a somewhat less traditional but not in your face tie, I would think. All 10 designs (the Kraken also features the mermaids, and thus the mermaids were the one to become the bonus extra) from the snowflakes, separate or in the scripted uberpack that all the ties feature:


And matching eyes. The eyes are proof positive that I'm insane, btw, as I decided yesterday to make them. Thankfully I already had a bit of an eye template (for those who've been in the Schadenfreude group for a long time, you might have my only other foray to date into eyes hiding somewhere in my inventory- they were huge cartoony brown eyes, and quite silly by design, they also grace the Llamas and the unicorns, stuffed and mounted on my wall), so I wasn't entirely starting from scratch (because then there's no way I would have made the deadline, it was dicey as it was! Ads always seem to take forever and I'm not really sure why they should take near as long as they do). I changed a bit here and there about it, completely redid a few things, and added the snowflake motifs subtley overlaid into the irises:

The whites are the built in SL eye whites (I personally am not a fan of the red and yellowy ones that seem to be so popular these days, but that's a personal preference!), so you can tint these to a degree in Appearance without it bleeding into the whites of your eyes. I wouldn't recommend a great deal of tinting as you'll lose a lot of the depth, but a slight tint generally isn't that bad.

SL native eyes are a fairly low resolution (which generally isn't a huge problem as they are rather a small detail thing, and one has to intently gaze at one's eyes to see the degredation), so these patterns _are_ rather subtle. There are also prim eyes included, with a blank base, for those both who would like to have eyes with a touch more clarity, and those who would like to mismatch eyes. (And of course those are mod too, so you can have eerie fullbright at midnight eyes or other special effects if desired!)

I had rather a lot of fun making the eyes, and you might see more eyes from me without the hidden patterns, and in sizes more than just the standard SL size (which is a bit large for some people's eyes, depending on shape. It is what I wear though, large though they may be, the more realistic size never looks right on me).

All of this and more, of course, at the elephant! The 50L Friday stuff is in the usual place on the steps up into the elephant's head, straight ahead and past the table when you walk in (as last night rezzing was being absolutely horrid and people were having problems seeing anything).

After the event is over, items will be available at the elephant or on the Marketplace.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover