Sunday, December 2, 2007

8 Random Facts: because everyone is doing it

Melanie tagged me to do this thingie. And I'd better do it now before it falls out of my head.

Here are the rules:
(1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
(2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
(3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
(4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

I am skipping steps 3 and 4. Because I barely know 8 people in SL, and...Mel's just about the only one with a blog, I think!

1) I tend to be pathologically shy, except when I'm a) a chatterbox, or b) a snarky bitch. Allegory brings the snarky bitch out in me. I'm also semi terrified of talking to people I don't know, and, well, that explains the "hmmm...do I even know 8 people in SL?"

2) Allegory's favourite colour is green, but mine is purple. We both generally sport hair of our respectives (I haven't had my natural haircolour in a decade or so). We also have different totem animals.

3) I generally don't do these spammy going around things =p. But I'm doing this one for Mel! Don't expect it to happen again!

4) I've been written up in medical journals for a wacky condition (no, it's not actually interesting, nor is it particularly disgusting. It's just sort of odd) I had that plagued me growing up. (It's also indirectly responsible for me being sick for almost 2 months this year.)

5) I used to become obsessed with bizarre things every few years when I was growing up. I've forgotten most of what I knew, but at different times, I knew just about everything you could find out without a degree about ancient Egypt, Greco-Roman mythology, medieval alchemy, dinosaurs, and astronomy (yes, I was a very bookish child). And possibly other things I've forgotten at the moment. I no longer get quite so immersive, and tend to juggle multiple obsessions at a time.

6) I have a reeeeally bad memory. I will just totally forget things constantly, including forgetting what I was in the middle of doing all. the. time. On the other hand, I will remember things people have told me for years afterwards when they've forgotten them entirely.

7) I lose things, and look where I think they are. And look again. And look another couple of times. And then, eventually, they are actually there. No, I don't know how this fits into a worldview wherein it is not that case that God plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players (ie. everybody), to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

8) The quote at the end of the last one should clue you in, I'M A GREAT BIG NERD.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover